What is Healthwatch?
Healthwatch is the independent consumer champion for health and social care in England. Healthwatch Islington and Healthwatch Camden are part of a network of more than 150 local Healthwatch organisations and other partners, building a national picture of the trends and issues that matter most. We want to make sure that the overall views and experiences of people who use health and social care services are heard and taken seriously.
What will Healthwatch do?
- promote the voice of the consumer in the development of health and social care strategies (children and adults);
- provide and promote effective signposting and information systems;
- promote, monitor and inspect the quality of services commissioned to meet health and social care needs
Volunteers bring a variety of skills and a fresh perspective, offer time and passion to a particular project, and add value to the work of Healthwatch Islington and support its sustainability. Volunteers understand their local communities, so by involving them Healthwatch Islington will be able to build stronger links within each local community.
If you would like to become a Healthwatch Islington volunteer, or would like more information or an informal chat, contact us on:
Tel 020 7832 5814
Post Healthwatch Islington 200A Pentonville Road London N1 9JP
The small staff team needs the support and involvement of a large number of volunteers to help contact, engage with and give support to the public. You know your neighbourhood. You may have relatives, friends, neighbours, colleagues and a whole network of contacts who you could ask for their ideas about how to improve health and social care for everyone. You will have also have knowledge, skills, abilities and interests that could help Healthwatch Camden achieve its aim of improving the health and well being of our community.
• know a lot about a particular illness or condition
• be the kind of person everyone turns to for advice
• love meeting and talking to new people
• enjoy helping out to organise events and activities
• be brilliant on a computer
• have a knack of designing publicity materials
• want to learn more and gain new skills
Tel 020 7284 6586
Post Healthwatch Camden 2nd floor 293-299 Kentish Town Road London NW5 2TJ