ACPT- FREE TRAINING
Please be aware of free ACT training funded by Health Education England for registered technicians in London & Kent, Surrey & Sussex.
The training is delivered by CPPE – https://www.cppe.ac.uk/career/acpt
Accuracy checking pharmacy technician programme – HEE LaSE region only
The CPPE Accuracy checking pharmacy technician (ACPT) programme aims to support pharmacy technicians to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to provide the final accuracy check of dispensed medicines that have been clinically screened or approved by a pharmacist, and assembled and labelled by another team member.
Please note: This programme is currently only available to pharmacy technicians working in Health Education England’s London and the South East region.
Overview of the programme –
The CPPE Accuracy checking pharmacy technician (ACPT) programme is a three to 12 month training and development programme available in London, Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
The course is designed to support you in meeting a range of competencies during your training in order to deliver safe and effective patient care. It includes tasks that will develop your leadership skills to support the team and drive performance.
Our programme offers a blended approach to learning that includes resources for self-directed study, e-learning and practice-based activities.
It is flexible so that it meets the needs of stakeholders in community pharmacy and secondary care. Following comprehensive assessment, you will be able to use this learning to support optimisation of skills in the dispensary.
You can find out more about the programme in the detailed programme handbook.
How to apply –
Application process –
To apply for the ACPT programme you will need to complete the following steps in order:
- Check the entry criteriato ensure you are eligible to enrol on the programme
- Complete the application form
- Complete the Accuracy checking pharmacy technician programme: an e-learning programme for ACPT trainees and educational supervisors
- Complete the Accuracy checking pharmacy technician programme (2017)e-assessment
- Await email with keycode for booking on to the programme. Once you receive the email with the keycode you can book on to the cohort of your choice here
- Await email with log-in details for Canvas, the online learning platform for the ACPT programme. If you have already enrolled, you can access Canvas here
Applications can be made here.
Frequently asked questions –
NB: Checking logs and review paperwork will be accessible via Canvas.
Related learning –
- Professionalism: a CPD programme for pharmacy technicians distance learning
- Preventing medication errors in hospitals: Making a differencee-learning
- Preventing medication errors in community and primary care: Making a differencee-learning
- Consultation skills for pharmacy practice: taking a patient-centred approachdistance learning